Sunday, October 7, 2007

Men (&Women) at Work

Drea and I have been hard at work on our basement. It has been a work in progress over the past 9 months, maybe we will be done in another 9. Drea and I have done all of the framing and sheet rocking. We did hire the electrical, fireplace, and plumbing done by the professionals. I do really enjoy working on the basement when I leave to work and after I return home the work has been done and all we have to do is write a check. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen too often. The sheet rocking has gone pretty well for the most part, it is much more challenging than framing (that is my opinion). Chad is probably getting sick of me calling him about every other day and asking him how to do stuff or if someone else will be able to fix what I messed up. It has been very rewarding working on the basement though, it is just fun to see that we can actually build something. Well, enjoy the little tour and tell me what you think.

3 comments:

AmandaS said...

Looks like you guys have done a ton of work! We re-did some sheetrock in our house and when we were finished, we realized that we should of hired a professional! I still haven't seen your home. We'll have to come and see it while we are there for Christmas.
love you,
Amanda

Lacee said...

Hey you guys are making progress, looks like it's coming together nicely.

Ashley Wray said...

Way to go Nels and Andrea, you guys are braver than us! We've painted and tiled, thats where we've stopped. It looks great though and like you've made a lot of progress! I still need a tour too so me and Mandy will have to stop by and get one at Christmas!