Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Big Six Year Old!


Isn't it crazy how time flies and how old you begin to feel as your kids start getting older and growing up.

Macee turned 6 on April 6th. She was such a wonderful easy, content baby and now she is our
little ball of fire and always keeps us on our toes! She is spunky and very witty with a little (ok maybe a lot) of drama mixed in. She is very enthusiastic with everything she decides to do and when her mind is made up good luck changing it. She is wonderful at arguing and we are waiting for her career as a lawyer. She is also very forgiving and a great friend to all of those around her.
She does have a very sweet side and is always good for a hug and kiss on the way out the door for school and when it's off to bed. She will often come snuggle up by me when I am feeding Dylan and when she gets up to leave she makes me promise I won't let anyone else take her spot.

Macee is doing great in school and is really taking off on her reading. She got 100% on all of her little midterm testing for Kindergarten. Her teacher told me at parent teacher conference that she is such a little angel. I was glad to hear that! Her teacher also told us a story when they were talking about Thanksgiving and being thankful for our blessings. She went around the room and asked each student what they were thankful for. Macee was the first to go and she said she was thankful for her Temple. Nels and I were both holding our breath a little worried about what the teacher was going to say, but we were pleasantly surprised and proud of her.
She did tell me yesterday that if was my fault she did bad on her math. I asked her why and she said, "because you forgot to say it in your prayer this morning!"

Even though both her and Annie have their own room, they have been sleeping together in Annie's bed every night for the past 6 weeks. It is sweet to hear them in there laughing and giggling with each other when they are supposed to be going to sleep (until I ruin their fun and tell them to be quiet :)).

She started her second season of soccer and has her first game tonight. She is aggressive and a go getter. I am excited to watch her play.

I have also noticed that she has one high level of pain tolerance. She did not complain once about her leg before or after her bone graft surgery. She has a spacer in the roof of her mouth to fix her cross bite where the wires have worked their way into the roof of her mouth and she did not complain once about it hurting. All she said yesterday when the dentist fixed it was "ohh, that feels better!"

Macee has been such a blessing to our home and lives. We love her spunky little style and her resilient strong personality! There isn't one thing I would change about my baby girl! She has all the qualities that a girl needs to survive!






Notice her very fancy cake! :)

9 comments:

AmandaS said...

Happy bday Macee! Such a big girl! And, your cake decorating skills are incredible!

adorable pearsons said...

Happy b-day macee! she is so cute and we adore her! We definitely miss her!

Ashley Wray said...

Love the cake! Happy bithday Macee! Little balls of fire are fun, and you certainly won't have to worry about anyone pushing her around! Looks like a fun day!

KyleandAmanda said...

Happy Birthday my sweet Macee! We love you and hope you had a great day! Macee is my kind of gal. I love her sass. It will be a good asset for her someday as long as she doesn't use it on her parents.

Amy said...

Wow what a little sweetheart who is getting so big. Hope she had a great day:).

betsey said...

Happy Birthday to Macee! I love hearing that Annie and Macee giggle together at night. Sisters are the best! She sounds like a wonderful little girl and I can't wait to meet her (and the boys!) someday :)

Laighton and Katie said...

I love it!! She sounds exactly like my little Jaden!! What a cute girl. I think she looks like you (drea) in these pictures.

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday Macee! We miss you and wish we could see you more!

Smitty n' Chelle said...

Happy Birthday!!! Wow the big 6, now you are more than one hand of fingers!!