Monday, April 20, 2009

Amazing!

What an amazing experience we had on Sunday. Elder Oaks (one of the twelve apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) and Elder Renland came for our Stake Conference and stayed with my parents. We got to listen to him of Saturday night for the adult session and then again on Sunday. Sunday we had the opportunity to have a family dinner with him for about an hour and a half before he had to leave. It was such a privilege to meet an apostle of the Lord. Such amazing men that lead our church. We prepped the kids before we went over to be on their best behavior and they did great. Annie asked "Can we give him a hug?" and we told her she could, I'm not sure if she snuck it in but Macee told me she did give Elder Renland a high five. Today we asked the girls how they felt when they met Elder Oaks and Rendland and they replied,"Happy". We are truely blest to have the gospel in our lives and the ability to know the truth for ourselves.

All the grandkids with Elder Renland and Oaks.

9 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow! That is so awesome! I am very jealous! I'm glad you were able to have such an amazing experience!

Lisa said...

What an awesome experience! I love the picture! How neat. My mom said that conference was really neat as well.

Lisa said...

What an awesome experience! I love the picture! How neat. My mom said that conference was really neat as well.

Emilee said...

Did Nels tell you about when we met L.Tom Perry?

Ashley Wray said...

My mom said conference was amazing too! How neat that you got to have dinner with an apostle!
Way back in the day when my grandpa was Stake President Elder Russel M. Nelson came to Billings and stayed with them and we got to go over and have dinner with him. I was like 4-5 years old but apparently as we were leaving I asked him if he's remembered to pack his special underwear. My mom was embarassed to say the least. We got a picture with him though, so I'm sure your kiddos will treasure this picture when they grow up!

KyleandAmanda said...

Mom said that it was an awesome conference and experience! That picture is so cute of all the kids. They all look like they were on there best behavior:)

Romney Family said...

What a great experience for you guys and for your kids!! I am jealous!! I love the homemakover carter did for you in the previous post!!

Emily said...

What an experience of a life time! One you will always cherish! I love that sweet picture!

betsey said...

I love it! What a special time for you and ESPECIALLY for your kids. I know that is something they will remember, how they felt when an Apostle of the Lord was in their home. Very cool :)