Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Ballin' Mothas"

Today I had the chance to play in a 3 on 3 basketball tourney up at MSU-Billings. Cressida Carrol (an old friend that I played with for a couple years in high school who is also a member of the church, she is just a few years older than me), and Libbie Oram (a girl from my ward who also played college ball in Colorado and in Great Falls) got together and decided to play in this tourney. We called ourselves the ballin' mothas because we have 8 kids between the 3 of us, me having half of them. I must say I was pretty nervous becuase it has been FOREVER since I have played in a tourney. We ended up taking second place to 4 former college players (2 who played for the Griz, one played for MSU-B and overseas, and the other played for Rocky). And they only beat us by 6 points. I must say I was pretty impressed with how we did. Nels was a good sport to bring all the kids to watch and cheer us on. It was super fun and we hope to do it again next year.


Us waiting for the next game (me, Libbie's husband and daughter, Libbie, and Cressida).

Chatting with the other team, yea we beat them! lol


10 comments:

Lisa said...

how fun! Wow, Cressida Carey. What is she up to these days? I haven't seen that girl in 10 years or so :) Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Amy said...

How fun to do something that you used to love and still be so great at it. I don't think any one would want to see me in a cheer uniform ahhh!

betsey said...

Great job, Drea! I'm impressed with your retained athleticism, especially after 4 kids. I think that you should join a little league or something! I bet it is really nice to have FIVE awesome people cheering for you (Well, Dylan wasn't cheering as much as crying :)...)

Lacee said...

Good job! That's awesome, love the name of your team also!~Lacee

KyleandAmanda said...

Look at you! You still got game! Glad that you had a fun time.

Emilee said...

It has been YEARS since I have played. Your team rocked!

Ashley Wray said...

It was fun to see you play! And I must say, I think you did amazing! You are all a bunch of awesome ballin' mothas!

Julie Pitcher said...

how fun! i just started playing again...can't say i'm up for a tourney yet! i'm pretty sad! i didn't know they had tourneys for big people!!! seriously, i'm impressed!

S&J Jones Family said...

I bet that was a ton of fun. I wish I had more sport talent. Good job on the win!

AmandaS said...

I am so stinkin' proud of you guys! Wish I was there. Way to go!