Tuesday, January 22, 2008

On the Mend


Boy, I don't know what it is about hospitals and doctors lately, but we just can't seem to stay away. Nels hurt his back really bad 2 months ago and has had muscle weakness in his right calf. The MRI showed that he herniated his L5 again (he had surgery on this 9 years ago when we were dating). He had surgery today and it went fairly well. It took longer than anticipated because of the scar tissue from his previous surgery. The nerve was a little frayed. So I guess only time will tell if he will regain that strength. I am optimistic that everything will be ok. He is tough and not much can keep him down. (Although the basketball career may have come to an end which I am sad for because we all know his love for the game). We are also very disappointed that we won't be heading for Fairfield on Thursday to see McKay come home.

He is staying over night in the hospital tonight and we sure miss him at home. I am so grateful for this wonderful man I married. He is so amazing and caring. He is such a hard worker and does so much for me. He has been joking that he is heading straight to work after he is released tomorrow. I don't think that will be happening. He has a great sense of humor even through the tough times. Macee did think it was pretty cool that her dad was having surgery like she did. So hopefully, things will turn around and Macee and Nels will both recover soon. It has been busy around here with 3 surgeries, 3 trips to Salt Lake, 2 MRI's and 15 trips to the doctor between all of us in the last 3 months. Things could be worse, and I am so grateful that everything has been fixable, but I think I am ready to take a break from the stress and worry!

Nels after his first surgery with his cousin
Amanda.

8 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Oh man, you guys have had a rough past couple of months! I hope everyone recooperates soon and I'm sure that McKay will be down to Billings asap to see you guys! Love the picture from 9 years ago, Nels, you haven't changed a bit! Get well soon!

betsey said...

I'm glad that Nels is getting better! What a crazy couple of months for you guys! I'm glad that everyone is on the mend!

Romney Family said...

we hope you get better soon Nels and what troopers you guys are!!! That is a lot of trips to the doctor.

KyleandAmanda said...

We are so glad that Nels is doing good. We love you guys and really hope that your luck starts to change!! Sorry you have to miss Mckay's homecoming!

Lacee said...

Man, I'm just exhausted from reading about all those dr. visits and surgeries! Hope your feeling alright, Nels. Love the puppy you got! ~Lacee

Amy said...

Andrea I am so sorry you have all had to deal with this lately. Hopefully Nels and Macee make a full recovery you guys will be in our prayers. Can't believe his brother is already home it seems like yesterday you were talking about when he left. Have a great day.

Panda said...

Yikes...hope you recover quickly! You've got to have earned some sort of special Dr. points or something...so like, it will be years before your next visit!

S&J Jones Family said...

You guys have sure had a tough time recently...and yet when I always see you you always look so beautiful and have a smile on your face. Your family must be so strong!