Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Flying Bliss (not really)

So yesterday Macee and I made our way down to Salt Lake for her 6 week post-op follow up. We flew down through Denver and then back up to Salt Lake (the tickets were 1/2 the price flying through Denver). We arrived in Salt Lake at noon and Amanda (bless her heart) came and picked us up. We had a quick bite to eat and headed up to Primary Children's. They took off her cast and x-rayed. The bone graft is not quite as far along as the doctor would like, but it looks like the cyst has not started to come back. So she is back in a walking boot for 6 more weeks. We go to our doctor here in Billings in 6 weeks, then back to Salt Lake in April. It wasn't quite the news I was looking for, but we will live with what we got. I was also able to see my Grandpa and Grandma Hobbs for a few hours. Grandpa was diagnosed with prostate cancer awhile back and had his radiation in Salt Lake while we were down there. Yes, it was kind of a depressing day, but it was good to see grandma and grandpa. We made it home about 10:30 last night, it was a long day and glad it's over!

Thank you Amanda for spending your day being my taxi!!!

7 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Glad that everything is looking good, maybe not great, but good. That is so nice to fly instead of a 10 hour car ride! Keep us posted on everything and give Macee a hug!

betsey said...

YEAH! I'm so glad you have a blog as well :) I love it! It is so nice to see pictures of your adorable family! The girls are so big! And I think the last picture I saw of Carter he was about 6 months old! Wild!!!

I'm so glad that Macee is getting better! What a scare! We are so blessed to have healthy happy families!

adorable pearsons said...

Andrea- thanks for the update! Maybe we should all wear walking boots and try to start a new fad, what do you think? I am glad that the day of travel is over though and we will our fingers crossed for the next visit. PS- For some reason I plan on us being work-out buddies when we move to Billings- funny thing is - who knows if or where we're moving too; but in my mind it's to Billings and I envision us busting some moves- are you in?

Romney Family said...

That is too bad about Maci having to wear the boot longer. I am sure you and her are just going crazy but glad to hear that the cyst hasn't grown. You are a trooper!!

AmandaS said...

It was so good to see you! we love being your taxi. And, at only $79.95 per hour, we're a pretty good deal, don't you think???

Lacee said...

Sowly but surely, right!? Keep on truckin'. ~Lacee

KyleandAmanda said...

Hello! Thanks for calling me back! Punk!!! Just kidding:) We are glad that are sweet Macee is ok. Although it is a bummer that she had to keep her cast for another six weeks! She is a trooper!