Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lots Going on!

We decorated for Christmas for Family Home Evening on Monday night. I always love this time of year. We were jamming to Christmas music and the kids had a good time decorating the tree.






We had a great Thanksgiving! My Grandma and Grandpa Griffin, Uncle Steve and Aunt Cheri with their 7 kids plus 2 grandkids, and their Grandma Mitton all came up to visit. Then my sister's in-laws also came. Thanksgiving Day we all went to the Auction to eat. When you have almost 50 people, 4 Turkeys, 2 Hams, 10 dozen rolls, and everything in between, the auction kitchen works great to get everything done.



This is my Grandma Griffin and cousin Katlin working hard in the kitchen. Grandma was in charge of the rolls and pies.


My sweet Grandma and Grandpa Griffin




Nels and my cousin Chase hard at work in the kitchen


Dad and Uncle Steve. Steve is Dad's little brother. Sometimes I look at Steve and for a brief second think he is my dad. I think they look a TON a like.


Dad and Grandpa Griffin


My cousin Laura, Katlin, Grandma Griffin, and Aunt Cheri

We had a great day! Lots of food and later on we all went swimming at the Billings Hotel and Convention Center with the water slides. I of course forgot my camera. Nels and the kids had fun in the pool and I decided to spare everyone the view of my 9 month pregnant belly. Friday we all went and watched Bolt, then on Saturday it was bowling. I stayed home with Carter and Macee during bowling. They both were having melt downs and I needed to work on my Relief Society lesson and get groceries for dinner on Sunday. I had to make dinner for a lady in our ward who just had an emergency C-Section and major open heart surgery in the same day. That is an amazing story in itself. We had a full house with 7-8 people here every night. We had a great time and I was able to get to know my adopted cousin, his wife and kids a little bit better.

Monday and Tuesday Carter and I worked hard to get everything cleaned so today we are chilling all day. I am still in my pj's and hope to get all the ironing and Christmas wrapping done. After that I think that this baby can come any time. I am not due until the 18th, but a little wishful thinking can't hurt right? I am getting a little anxious and nervous. It will be sad to see my one-on-one time with Carter come to an end. I think he has really enjoyed having me all too himself. Till next time!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Wow you have been busy! The kids look so grown up and cute! Hope you little guy comes in a timely manner and you don't have to wait to long. Who had an emergency c-sections and open heart surgery crazy do I know them. Anyhow have a fun day chilling.

adorable pearsons said...

The tree looks great! Your THanksgiving looked like quite the feast :). I am glad all went well. Thanks so much for dinner last night- you are amazing! I so owe you :) We're exciting to have the kids tomorrow & we're excited for the new baby to come too!

Smitty n' Chelle said...

looks like you had a good thanksgiving!! Let us know when that baby gets there. I am guessing you are not coming to Fairfield for Christmas with a baby almost there. We will be getting there on the 17 till the 27th. We are so excited to get back to MT it has been a long time for Josh and he is super excited!! Wish we could see you while we were ther and the little baby too. anywya have a great holiday season!

Ashley Wray said...

How fun! Sounds like you guys had a great holiday! Too bad we missed you guys while we were in Billings (why does that always seem to happen?) Hope you're feeling good, I for one would love to see a cute little 9 month belly shot!

Julie Pitcher said...

Your family dinner looked crazy...I don't even know the last time that many of us were together...looks like fun! I love to decorate the house too...but I'm sort of obnoxious, so the day after Christmas I'm ready to clean and declutter again! Nate gets mad at me but a month is all I can handle!!!
I didn't realize you were so close with this baby...good luck!

KyleandAmanda said...

I am so bummed out that I missed Thanksgiving! It would have been so fun to see everyone! Your tree turned out nice! I am glad that you were able to get everything cleaned and ready for the baby! I am excited to come and help you after the baby comes!

Emilee said...

Looks like a fun Thanksgiving, it kind of reminds me of the big Pearson Thanksgiving dinners we used to have at Greenfield school. We can hardly wait to meet your new addition to the family!

Katherine said...

Wow! Things were even crazier for you than I realized! Relief Society lesson and making dinner for another family! You are amazing! Good luck with the baby! From all the work you've been doing, that baby's bound to come soon! Tell your kids Lydia says hi, and me too!

AmandaS said...

Seriously, I cannot believe that you even have Christmas presents to wrap already! Way to be on top of things!
Looks like Thanksgiving was fun!

Unknown said...

Hi Drea, Your Thanksgiving looks like so much fun. Next year I think we'll invite ourselves up to Billings!!! Good luck with your delivery, I'll be thinking about ya! Loves, Dana

Lacee said...

What a fun Thanksgiving, sounds like there was some major cooking going on! I keep waiting for "the call" from you guys, not too much longer I'm sure! We are excited to hear all about the new little guy! ~Lacee