Friday, December 19, 2008

A Few More With the Eyes Open

Dylan is doing great and doing everything a baby should, especially sleeping all day and awake all night. :) Thank goodness for a wonderful husband who is so willing to help out with the night feedings (thanks hun!) All the kids are adjusting well. Carter has really surprised me with how well he has done. He loves to hold Dylan and wake him up, but is pretty soft (usually). Annie has been great help and loves to help hold and feed him. Macee had a few rough days in the beginning, but has been doing better the last few days. She also loves to hold him and we have had some fights over who gets to hold him first. So far he has been really content and an easy going baby.










As for me, I am on the mend. Labor and delivery went really well. I went to my doctor last Friday feeling crappy with sporadic contractions. I was just curious to see if something was going on so my doctor told me to come in. He checked me and I was almost at a 5 so he sent me up to the hospital. Long story short I got to the hospital and hooked up by about 3:30 in the afternoon and after some pitocin to get my contractions regular my doctor came up after work to deliver the baby (he wasn't even on call, through my whole pregnancy he said he would be there to deliver this baby he almost missed his wife's Christmas party just so he could deliver Dylan, nice guy) He came up at 5:30 and I was a 7 he broke my water and immediately I was wishing I had gotten an epideral. So within 20 minutes and a quick entrithecal I was ready to push. Thank goodness they let the entrithecal start working before they made me push. So Dylan was born at 6:21 P.M.

We came home on Sunday and have been staying in the house all week. Tuesday we did go out for his first doctor appt., but other than that it is too darn cold to go out. I did get to go to the girls Christmas program this morning. Chelsie came and sat with Dylan and Carter so I could run down to the school real quick. The pictures I took didn't turn out very good, but the girls both sang great. We could hear Macee in the back row and Annie was a little more reserved with her singing.

Thank you to everyone who has totally spoiled us with dinners and taking the kids this week. I don't know what we would do without such great family and friends. We love you all! Thanks a ton!

8 comments:

Emilee said...

He is so cute and alert in those pictures. We really need to come and see him in person. My kids are all excited to see him!

Lisa said...

He looks like a stott! What a cute little boy. I hope you are feeling better each day! I'm so happy for you guys.

Ashley Wray said...

So cute, I can definetly see a little Stott in him. Glad you are getting some rest and feeling on the mend! Glad you had a quick delivery (even minus the epidural-eekkkk!) and everything went well! Take people up on all the dinners, babysitting etc while you can!

Katherine said...

Wow, I'm impressed! No epideral! Good for you! I'm not that strong. He is adorable! I'm sure we won't be able to meet him until he's much bigger, but at least we get to see these cute pictures!

Amy said...

What a little sweetheart! Glad you are doing good hope you guys have a great Christmas we do need to come a visit.

Lacee said...

Oh so sweet and oh so bald! What a cutie, I can't wait for him and Kaden to meet each other! ~Lacee

krista said...

He looks like Carter to me, lucky guy! He just looks so sweet, we wish we could snuggle him:) Hope you're doing good and feeling better each day! Wish I could be there to help you:) love Krista

Julie Pitcher said...

Congratualtions on a beautiful baby! I love those new baby pics...did you have a good Christmas?