Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bedtime Routine

Annie is such a good big sister. Carter loves to rock before he goes to bed and read books. So tonight she volunteered to read to him so I could read with Macee. I don't know about anyone else, but our bedtime routine is quite drawn out every night. The girls love chocolate milk (Regular milk with a little Carnation sprinkled in it, that's not that bad is it :)? and a bowl of cereal or toast for a bedtime snack. Then we brush teeth, say family prayers, read a book, and then it is to bed (sort of). This is followed by about an hour of mommy will you lay with me or I have to go to the bathroom, I have something to tell you. We breath a sigh of relief when they are all finally asleep. Except for little Macee always has to fall asleep downstairs in the spare bed because she is too scared upstairs and then I carry her up to her own bed, then we have to lay out a blanket and a pillow on the floor because we know she will soon be in to sleep on the side of our bed. When we will be able to break her of that habit I am not sure. Hopefully really soon.
The kids love to look out of the front widow and watch the deer on the hill across the street at night. For the longest time Macee was really concerned that we did not have a pet for her to take to pet day at pre-school. So she came up with her own solution and started calling the deer across the street her pets. Hey, that works for me! As you will see below, we did break in and get her a fish for her b-day.
Busted! Carter got into Annie's lip stick and had quite the time with it the other day. I had to hold him down to get a good picture of him. Silly Boy! He is such a good little brother always terrorizing his sisters.
Here are the new family pets. I am not sure how much longer we can hold them off on a puppy, but hopefully these will do for now. I am surprised they are still alive. Carter has dumped about half the thing of food into Annie's tank twice, while I grabbed the net and scooped out as much as I could. I heard Betas were hardy little fish, we will see!

10 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

That picture of Annie and Carter is so cute! What a good big sister. I agree, bed time seems to drag out FOREVER sometimes. Way to comprimise on the fish. I once had a fish name Roxy when I was 16, it was a beta too! When I left for college (2 years later) it was still alive so I gave it to my grandma. She put a lid on the top of her fish bowl, leaving that the end of ROXY. So my tip to you- if you get sick of doing fish duty just slap on a lid!

Ashley Wray said...

So cute! Fish are great pets, I'm suprised with you and Nels for parents you don't have a couple cows in the backyard :) Love bedtime stories, how nice of Annie to take over the reading! What a good big sister! Too cute!

Gertsch Family said...

Beta's are tuff fish! Our Betta lived for over a year. I think it even got dropped on the floor a few times, and Griff fed it all of the time. Carter is such a cute little brother!

KyleandAmanda said...

Annie is so sweet! She is welcome to come see me any time! I would gladly take Macee or Carter as well! Poor Macee having to adopt a deer for her pet! Good thing you got her and Annie a Fish! Well we miss you guys!

Lacee said...

Cute pictures! Carter looks so grown up, especially with that blue lipstick on. Also that's my kind of pet, low matainence! ~Lacee

krista said...

All of your kids are getting too big, I really hate it! Tyler has been talking about how he is going to catch a pet tadpole at lake elmo when we come home. He has gone through phases of wanting to have a pet squirrel, dog, hedgehog, snake, and the list goes on and on and on...I'm thinking we could handle a fish:) I actually had a fish named Lacee once, she was a white goldfish, what a cute name:) Cute little macee adopting the deer, that cracked me up We'll see you guys soon!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

They are so cute! I miss our rocker Haylee loved that thing. Also the only way Haylee will drink milk is if it is chocolate so I do the same thing. Hope to see you in a few months. Haylee still talks about her birthday party and all her friends.

est. 1996 said...

Your not alone with the bedtime thing. We put them to bed at 8pm and I think with all the giggling, bathroom breaks and drinks it's about 10pm. When you get it figured out please let me know...
Fish are a wonderful pet. We have had 3 dogs. I got rid of the 2nd on in 3 months and the 3rd dog Well, let's just say I am thankful we moved to Montana. (Good excuse)

S&J Jones Family said...

Annie can come read to James. He LOVES books. I had a beta fish once and it's name was Lucky. He deserved that name, too!

Panda said...

I am happy to hear of your bedtime routine...makes me feel better about ours (as in, they're like the same, except Jack still sleeps IN our bed)