Friday, June 5, 2009

Hey mom...

Carter: Hey mom, can I have another fruit snack?
Me: No, you just had one.
Carter: I will give you $100 bucks.
Me: Really, ok I will take $100 bucks.
Carter: Ok, one second...

He proceeds to go raid his sisters piggy bank and brings me a dollar. Needless to say I caved and gave him one because he is so darn cute!

Another Carter potty training story. We keep telling him that if he poops on the toilet we will go buy a toy (yes, sometimes we bribe, judge how you may:)). So the other day he asks for his diaper so he can go poop. So instead of cleaning it out of his underwear once again I put a diaper on him.

I sit down to feed Dylan and Carter goes and does his thing. He comes back and says can we go get a toy now. I say, "no, you have to go on the potty." So he goes back downstairs, takes off his diaper and dumps it in the toilet. Hmmm....sneaky right, well mom didn't fall for that one. Silly kid!!

8 comments:

Laighton and Katie said...

What a clever little boy! That is so funny. Gotta love potty training!

Lisa said...

What a funny little boy you have on your hands. You wait until Dylan is another 2 years older and those boys are going to keep you hopping!! BTW we are going to be in Billings for Ashley's wedding! I am so excited; it just worked out that way. We fly in on Aug. 28th and will be there through Labor Day. We'll definitely have to catch up!

Lacee said...

What a funny kiddo!! I love that he has figured out the power of bribing!

Ashley Wray said...

Oh, we bribe all the time over here! What a smart (and slick!) little boy. Sounds like he's got things figured out!

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Carter is way too funny, lol. thats awesome!

Emily said...

That is the cutest story! We sure love your cute family. I am a little embarased about the Costco connection. I was hoping no one would find out. We are planning on coming out for a temple trip at the end of June. We were thinking of getting a hotel with some slides for Sarah's birthday. You guys should come join us. I'll let you know when were coming. I would love to see you.

est. 1996 said...

Smart Kid!!!!

Julie Pitcher said...

Hey...Eli's been potty trained for almost a year now...so he's just pooping them for NO good reason. But I used a sticker box...bought tons of ridiculous stickers and each time he pooped he could decorate this shoe box. It worked for us...I hate potty training though! Good luck with Carter!