Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy 9th Anniversary!!

Can you believe it! Nels and I have been married for 9 years today! As Grandma Beverly says 9 years ago the Tornado hit Salt Lake. Good thing we were married in Logan Temple, but we did get some aftermath of the storm there (thank goodness it was after pictures).

As I look back on that day I can't believe it has already been 9 years. It's crazy to think how much has happened these last years. Baby #4 is on the way, Nels made it through school with a Masters, we have been blessed with a wonderful job, great kids, a loving family who are such a great support, and most of all I really still don't understand what I did to deserve Nels. Each day I realize more and more how perfect he is for me. He balances me out and has such a great sense of humor it's hard to stay mad at him for too long.

Here are some of the reasons why I fell in love with him. On our first date he gave me goosebumps the first time he touched me. I knew he was someone pretty special. I was sure hoping he would give me a call the next day and he did. From our first date, we saw each other every day until I came home for the summer in April (our 1st date was Jan. 9th, 1999). I grew up knowing most of his family and knew what great people they were so I thought if he looked like a Stott he must have some of the same qualities they did. He opened every door for me and payed for every date (this I was not used too). The first time I met his mom she came down to visit him and he even opened her car door to let her out, I was very impressed by this and knew that he had a great love for his mom to treat her so well. He has such a great sense of humor and I never felt awkward around him. He was very creative and came up with some fun dates. He stood up for me when his roommate said he could date someone better (needless to say I didn't like this roommate very much, I still don't to this day). Oh yea, we can't leave out that I thought he was HOT (don't worry honey, I still do)!!

On a side note, my girls just came up the stairs talking to each other saying, "Love is Crazy" where they got that, I don't know.

To sum it up, Nels is the perfect guy for me and I love him so much. These last 9 years have been wonderful and I couldn't ask for anything more. Nels balances me out in every way, he is ambitious and takes great care of us. He is gentle, kind, patient, has a strong testimony, and he still loves to take me out on dates. He likes to hold hands when we go for walks, he watches chick flicks with me, he encourages me to pursue the things I love to do, he is compassionate when I am pregnant and eats with me late at night so I don't feel like a pig. He is honest and we can have "heart to heart" conversations. He is great to help me when I need it and he calls me several times a day just to see how I am doing. He also gives me foot and back rubs almost every night. He makes me want to be a better person and always has encouraging words when I get discouraged. I could keep going, but these are just a few reasons why I love him so much.

So here's to you hun, Happy Anniversary! Thank you for all that you do, you make my life truly wonderful!! I love you!!

10 comments:

KyleandAmanda said...

Nels is pretty awesome! We are definetly glad that you ended up with him! You are not the only lucky one, Nels is lucky to have someone as great as you! HAPPY ANIVERSARY!

Stacy said...

Happy Anniversary and Congrats on baby #4! I had no idea.

Tora Family said...

Awww...that was very sweet. I would have to say Nels is very lucky to have you too! Happy Anniversary!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Happy Anniversary you two!

Romney Family said...

Happy anniversary!! Time sure flies by fast once you get married!!!

Lacee said...

Wow nine years already! Just so you know Andrea, I'm so glad that you said yes when Nels asked you to marry him! Seriously I have awesome sister-in-laws! ~Lacee

Julie Pitcher said...

Hey Nels and Andrea! Nels posted to my blog but I'm still so new at this...I'm retarded. This blogging thing could get addicting! So are you guys in Billings still? We are in Great Falls, I've informed Nate, for good!!! I love it here. Yeah, next week is 11 years for us, and my kids are so big. I have a 3rd grader...which is weird because I distinctly remember being a third grader myself. Congrats on your anniversary too! Later...

AmandaS said...

Wow! Whoever got you guys together must be a totally amazing person.
Congrats on 9 years. I can't believe it has been that long. I still haven't forgiven you for getting married AFTER I had left on my mission! (teeheehee!)

betsey said...

Happy Anniversary! Yeah for the Pearsons! I like that I was around for the beginning of the courtship. I can vividly remember Drea telling me how much she was going to miss Nels during the summer when you were arpart, little did I expect to get a wedding announcement for that summer :) You couldn't keep apart :) You two are perfect for each other and it is amazing to think of what you have accomplished during the last 9 years!

Lisa said...

Wow, times sure flies. That was really sweet. It sounds like you two are perfect for each other! Thanks for sharing and congratulations.