Monday, June 9, 2008

Go Dr. Jonathan Griffin!!!

We were able to fly to Seattle this weekend for my brother Jon's graduation from Medical School. We are soooo proud of him and Ashley for enduring the long road and overcoming all of the trials that come along with medical school. Jon will be starting his residency in Boise, ID in Family Medicine. We know they will do great and fit right in down there.

I would like to tell you a little bit about these guys who I love so much. Jon is my oldest brother who is 4 years older than I. He and Ashley have been married for almost 13 years. They have 3 beautiful boys Quest, Koby, and Kylan. We were able to go and visit them last summer and had the funnest family trip we have been on. Jon and Ashley are motivated, strong, kind, loving, and always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone. There is no doubt that with Jon's fun loving personality, commitment, and genuine concern for everyone around him that he is going to be an AMAZING Doctor. Jon is also a great listener. I love these guys so much and hope that they will be able to move a little closer to home someday. So here's to you Jon and Ashley for making it through!!!







On a side note, Nels and I had a great weekend together getting away and being able to hang out together. We got to Seattle at 7:30 pm on Friday night and me, Nels, mom, dad, Chelsie, and Jon (he flew in from Boise at 7:30 also so we got to hook up at the airport) we all went to eat at Bennihauna's (not sure if I spelled that right). If anyone ever has a chance to eat there it is sooo yummy and very entertaining. The chef cooks your food right in front of you. Then on Saturday we had Jon's graduation at 10 and then Ashley put on a really nice reception/going away party for him from 1-3. After that Nels, mom, Chelsie and I went to do a little shopping and we met up with Ben and Lauraleah and their kids and went to the Cheesecake factory for dinner. It was dad's birthday on Saturday so my little neice Taylor told our waiter that it was her grandpa's birthday (we were all threatened with our life if we told anyone it was his birthday, but you can't get mad at the granddaughter right?). Ashley's family was also in town so we ran back to Jon and Ashley's to visit and say goodbye and flew home Sunday morning. It was a quick trip, but well worth it. We had fun and I am so glad we could be there to support Jon.

P.S. Thank you Chase and Krista for staying with the kids. I know they had a great time partying with you!!!

8 comments:

est. 1996 said...

I am glad you had a great weekend getaway. That is so awesome that your brother made it, after years and years of school and more to come!!!

Gertsch Family said...

Amen! Jon is going to be the BEST DOCTOR anyone has ever seen. I had such a fun time in Seattle! Thanks to Nels for diving us around the big city!

KyleandAmanda said...

I have to agree with you and Chels. Jon will be AMAZING! I don't want to hear anymore about your fun little trip that I didn't get to go on because it makes me jealous! I guess since you all went to Seattle you will be coming here soon! I think it is only fair;)

Amy said...

How fun I am glad you got to go and that will be nice to have them in Boise a little bit closer. I still havn't been to seattle and can't wait to go.

Panda said...

What a fun little getaway! Congrats to your brother. We have a doctor (my uncle) in the fam, and I have to say he has (potentially) saved my life more than a few times! :-)

Ashley Wray said...

Way to go Jon! That is so exciting and HOLY CRAP, I haven't seen him in forever and him and Amanda look like they could be twins! Just a few years apart! Glad you guys had a fun little getaway!

Romney Family said...

How awesome for your bro and what a great getaway for you and Nels.

S&J Jones Family said...

Med school is an amazing accomplishment...not only for Jon but like you said, his family too. That's awesome, I'm glad you guys had fun there.