Thursday, November 1, 2007

Who Dialed 911!!!!

So tonight we were just hanging out and getting the kids ready for bed. When the doorbell rang and there was a police officer standing on the porch. He said we had an open line on with the 911 dispatch. He pointed to the phone on the floor and said I bet that is the one. So I picked up the phone and sure enough it had been on for 25 minutes with a 911 dispatch lady on the other end. I am sure she heard all the kids running around and us telling them to clean up and brush teeth (at least we weren't yelling, I don't think). So I apologized to her and the officer just laughed and left. At least he had a sense of humor about it. After he left we were like darn it, we should have taken a picture with him and blogged it.

Anyways, my vote for Christmas is drawing families and making a gift basket for them. I am good with a $20 limit. What do you all think...

9 comments:

KyleandAmanda said...

That is Funny! I think that I will put my money on Carter! I think he is the only one crazy enough!

Lacee said...

So did anyone fess-up, that is so funny. ~Lacee

AmandaS said...

Hilarious! Carrie-Jo Eubank called 911 at my house once and my dad "turned her over" to the police man when he got there. Sooo funny!

Amy said...

Too Funny you have keep that camera out so you can catch all the good moments.

Ashley Wray said...

Oh the classic 911 call. I think that has to happen to every parent at least twice! I remember the cops showing up a few times at our house growing up! Totally should have taken a picture with the cop, but hey, you can still blog about it!

Romney Family said...

That is so funny!!! Darn those kids messing with the phone.

Tora Family said...

Too Funny, Andrea! I think I remember doing something similar when I was about 5. Gotta love kids!

adorable pearsons said...

That is hilarious! NELS- seriously, you are too old for pranks! So I am totally in for the Christmas baskets too- In fact my family is starting a new tradition this year. We're sending "Our Favorites" baskets to whoever we draw names of. Our gift will be filled with the stuff our family loves- for example: We love caramel popcorn and the beach so we would put our recipe with some ingredients and fun beach stuff in our basket (total random example)- are you in for that? If not- we are still up for baskets. Way to organize it.

adorable pearsons said...

naughty- I woke up to no new post! That's it- I'm on strike. I will not post again until you and Krista both post two new posts! Come one now- get going ...I mean it's not like you have much else to do! Totally kidding- busiest woman I know- but I am still on strike