Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bye Bye Un Kay!

These last 6 weeks have flown by! Uncle McKay left us this afternoon to go home and work on the farm for the summer. I told him that if he was going through withdrawls from hanging out with his FAVORITE sister in law that he can always come back. We had a fun time with him here. We will miss him and our nights are going to be back to the usual boring routine. We will miss him getting the kids all wound up before bedtime and Carter especially adores him and calls him "Un Kay." When he hears McKay come in he starts yelling "Un Kay" "Un Kay!!" He would also cry when McKay would leave to hang out with his student ward friends :). I think Nels especially enjoyed it because I cooked just a little bit more and bought better food (junk food).

Bye McKay! We will miss you!! You are welcome to come back and visit as much as you would like. For that matter, anyone can come visit as much as they would like! Thanks for being such a great help with the kids and keeping them entertained for me! You are awesome and we hope to see you soon!! LOVE YA!!!!

P.S. One more funny conversation that Annie had with McKay a while back:
Annie, "Hey Uncle McKay, what grade are you in?"
McKay, "I am a freshMAN in college."
Annie, "Are there any freshGIRLS in college?"

P.S.S. I know I have been a slacker lately with my posts, but I lost the cord to the camera to hook it into the computer. I will have lots of fun, entertaining posts as soon as I can find it.

6 comments:

Gertsch Family said...

It's about time you update your blog! That stinks you lost your cord. Your kids are going to miss Uncle Kay! I'm sure it was fun having him to entertain the kids.

Ashley Wray said...

Oh McKay, I know that Chad and Misti are campaigning to get him down to stay with them ASAP! Glad your back, I've missed your posts! Good luck with the camera cord hunt, I hate it when little things like that go missing and mess up everything!

adorable pearsons said...

OKay you can be Mckay's favorite as long as I am your favorite- deal? We'll keep our fingers crossed that you find the cord- we need more pics! If you're too lonely you could always come down here! (If you know where we are :)....good one nels)!

Amy said...

I didn't know he stayed with you that long how fun for nels and you. Hope you guys are doing good. We Miss you!

Romney Family said...

that is too funny~what Annie said to Mckay!! It sounds like you guys sure had a great time with him living with you!! We sure had fun when my sis and Brandon's brother lived with us.

Lacee said...

Your kids are so funny, I love it Un Kay and fresh girls! I hope you find the cord for your camera soon, good luck. I'm sure it won't be too hard since you keep your house so clean! ~Lacee